This healthy little lunch delight is packed with B vitamins for a solid energy boost to carry you through your day. Throw in some chickpeas for some protein for all of you who enjoy a plant-based diet.
Vitamin B benefits:
- Barley is a potent source of B3, B6, and B7
- Feta provides great B2, B6, and B12
- Avocado offers the B5.
- Chickpeas are a worthy source of B9 and protein.
- 1 cup cooked pearl barley
- 4 cups loosely packed kale; remove stems and cut into small ribbons
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp honey
- Cook pearl barley
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and toss with the kale.
- Once barley is cool, toss with the kale/vinaigrette and remaining ingredients
- Add avocado just before serving.