Garlic is an everyday superfood that you didn’t realize had so many health benefits. It’s loaded with antioxidants that destroy cancer-causing free radicals. It’s also packed with vitamins C and B6 as well as manganese that help body functions operate optimally at all times.
Roasted Garlic Brussel Sprouts
Roast as many heads as you'd like to use. The caramelized flavors will also be delicious for salad dressings, marinades, sauces or eat it as an appetizer over some toast!
- Whole Garlic Heads
- Olive Oil (about 1 Tablespoon per head of garlic)
- Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- You may also add thyme leaves or oregano leaves
- Preheat oven 400º F.
- Remove extra loose white skin.
- Slice a thin layer off the tops of the heads exposing a bit of the garlic, not cutting too deep causing them to dry out.
- In a baking dish, layer the heads in a single layer, choose a pan that doesn’t leave too much extra space
- Pour olive oil over each garlic head.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and black pepper. If using fresh thyme, sprinkle over garlic heads.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and drizzle a little more olive oil.
- Return to oven and roast for 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven.
- Take the garlic out of baking dishes and serve with baguette slices, crackers, etc.,